Description de l'emploi
Éducaloi is a Québec non-profit organization that was founded in 2000. We combine law, education and communication in innovative ways to inform Quebecers about the law.
Our organization is a recognized leader in the field of plain language legal information and education.
Éducaloi employs 22 professionals with a wide range of skills. Most are members of either the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires.
This lawyer or notary will play a key role on the team serving Quebec’s English-speaking communities. A versatile professional, this person will handle a variety of legal, communication and administrative assignments. This person will work to understand and meet the needs of Quebec’s English-speaking communities and to ensure that Éducaloi is well-known among this population.
Here are the main responsibilities :
• Present Éducaloi to the public and to partner organizations to raise Educaloi’s profile and develop new partnerships;
• Attend events of English-speaking communities to meet with citizens and find out about their needs;
• Give information workshops and training sessions on various topics to a range of audiences ;
• Create and update plain language legal content aimed at various clienteles in a variety of media (Web, video, paper, etc.);
• Do legal research on various subjects;
• Translate legal and communication documents from French to English, and review translations done by freelancers;
• Handle administrative tasks associated with services for English-speaking communities;
• Provide support to the person in charge of services for English-speaking communities.
This person will report to head of services for English-speaking communities.
• At least three years of work experience in the legal field;
• Work experience or an aptitude in these areas:
- Communicating and networking with diverse audiences;
- Plain language (written and spoken);
- Designing effective and creative information tools;
- Legal research and analysis;
- French to English legal translation;
- Organizing and offering information workshops and training sessions.
• Well-organized and a self-starter;
• A gift for communicating clearly;
• Good with people and able to work in a team;
• Perfect knowledge of English (written and spoken) and a working knowledge of French;
• Creative and meticulous;
• Familiarity with the needs and challenges of Quebec’s English-speaking communities;
• Have a driver’s licence and be comfortable driving in city traffic and on highways.
• Member of the Barrreau du Québec, the Chambre des notaires or an equivalent accreditation from another jurisdiction;
• Training or experience in communication or journalism;
• Training or experience in project management.
• Place: Old Montreal;
• Status: Part-time contract position with the possibility of a full-time permanent position;
• Length: 12 months, with possibility of renewal; • Start date: Flexible, but ideally as soon as possible.
Submit your application by July 30 at 5:00 p.m. to email@example.com:
• A cover letter in English;
• A text of 500 to 700 words in English answering this question: “How do Éducaloi’s activities relate to access to justice?”
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position might be filled at any time.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Pour postuler une offre d'emploi, vous devez être inscrit en tant que candidat sur ce système.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Entrée en fonction :||2018-08-13|
|Date d'affichage :||2018-07-04|
|Fin d'affichage :||2018-07-31|
- à temps plein
Au moins 3 années d’expérience en :