Description de l'emploi
Targray is a diversified multinational commodity and specialty materials company that markets a broad range of products and solutions for high-growth energy sectors. Established in 1989 in Montreal, Canada, our organization is a leading international provider of materials for solar and energy storage companies, and one of the largest physical traders and distributors of Biodiesel fuel in North America.
Targray has operations in 8 countries and over $600M in annual sales. In 2019, the company made its debut appearance on the FP500, Financial Post’s ranking of the top 500 corporations in Canada by revenue.
• Deloitte | Best Managed Companies (2019)
• EY Canada | Quebec Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
• HSBC | International Business Award (2012)
• Profit 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada (2006, 2009)
We are looking for an experienced In House Counsel | General Counsel to join our team at Targray World Headquarters in Montreal, Quebec (Kirkland). Reporting directly to the CEO, you will be responsible for a variety of legal projects including the development of contract templates & distribution agreements, participating in risk management activities, contributing to the creation of customer/supplier deal structures, and managing corporate legal compliance in a variety of industries.
• Prepare, review and negotiate company contracts, vendor agreements, distribution agreements, long term asset lease agreements, and other legal documents.
• Contribute to cross-functional teams as a trusted advisor, creative problem-solver and strategic thinker.
• Participating in development of new trade finance deal structures.
• Review and draft a broad range of general corporate, commercial and procurement documents.
• Participate in the drafting and modification of banking agreements.
• Assisting in developing the organization's policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs.
• Consult and advise executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
• Draft and preserve corporate records and statutory filings.
• Participate in/manage any corporate legal disputes with other entities.
• Be the go-to person for everything legal in a rapidly growing international trading business.
• Bachelor of Law Degree from an accredited University.
• Member in good standing with a recognized Canadian Law Society and / or the Canadian Bar Association and a license to practice law in Canada.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience practicing corporate, commercial and business law.
• Familiarity with US and International corporate law is an asset.
• Strong financial acumen.
• Contracts experience within a legal department in a fast growing industry is preferred.
• Understanding of Risk Assessment & Management.
• Work experience at a bank or trading company is considered an asset.
• Extensive expertise in structuring, revising and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including supply, contract manufacturing, supply chain, distribution, consulting and non-disclosure agreements.
• Excellent legal research and writing skills.
• Dynamic and disciplined thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for success in a fast-paced, growing environment.
• Highest ethical standards, authenticity, integrity, and credibility.
• Professional demeanor and ability to interact with persuasiveness and confidence.
• Flexibility to travel when required.
• Beautiful, spacious and modern workplace environment
• On-site gym facility reserved for employees
• Generous company-wide profit-sharing plan
• Medical and dental insurance
• Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer matching
• Subsidized healthy meal program
Targray provides a highly-competitive remuneration plan and an excellent working environment in a growing international firm focused on creating a sustainable economy for future generations. For more information about a career with us, please visit https://www.targray.com/careers