Description de l'emploi
What We'll Bring:
Protecting the health and wellness of our associates and candidates considering a career at TransUnion is our highest priority. In supporting this vision, our recruitment and new hire experience for this role is fully virtual for the time being. Candidates interviewing will get to know our team over the phone and video, and this role will operate virtually upon hire until we return to the office. Even though we’re not physically together right now, our goal is to provide you a supportive candidate and new hire experience that will immerse you in our culture and set you up for success at TransUnion.
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
Impact You'll Make:
With guidance from manager, this role provides legal services to TransUnion Canada ensuring that business practices, policies, and dealings of the corporation meet regulatory requirements and that its operations are within the scope established by applicable law. The incumbent provides support for regulatory activities, interprets changes to the law, provides support to business units and/or prepares legal documents and renders opinions regarding issues faced by TransUnion based on regulatory activities. Helps to manage claims against the company from a regulatory perspective or otherwise. The incumbent must have a broad-based knowledge of administrative law, litigation, and privacy and must rapidly learn the issues faced by the company in order to legally protect the company. This role can be done remotely.
What you will do
- Provide counsel, legal support to business units on a variety of complex legal matters and matters having a potentially significant impact on the company’s business and operations.
- Provide prompt and practical advice to business units on complex regulatory and litigation matters, including those involving the transfer of personal information and/or technology.
- Provide support to manage potential liability and other legal risk related to data usage, data privacy and data security incidents, including identifying applicable legal obligations, helping to manage the company’s response.
- Act as counsel on escalated and regulatory complaints. Seeks resolution and/or defines settlements to avoid litigation. Works with the business units to seek long term preventative solutions.
- Respond to regulatory inquiries and serve as a liaison with regulators on regulatory and privacy issues, in coordination with other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Work with the other departments on regulatory matters, privacy matter, corporate risk analysis and other matters as appropriate
- Provide legal advice to internal stakeholders on privacy and regulatory compliance, as well as guidance and practical solutions to resolve and manage compliance, regulatory and privacy-related risks.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current legislative developments, particularly with such developments that may have an impact upon company operations. Recommends changes regarding out business/services based on the law or other legal issues that may involve the company’s short or long-term strategic operations. Works with internal government relations stakeholders on advocacy efforts.
- Actively participate in projects that have a regulatory or privacy impact. Work in a multi-disciplinary team to ensure project complies with regulatory obligations. Support the business units in their activities towards achieving compliance and provide legal counsel in that regard. - Propose creative and practical solutions to achieve compliance while meeting business goals.
- Ensure leadership inside the legal function are fully briefed on major issues that arise in relevant business areas and major legislative, business, regulatory or operational issues that may arise.
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with members of the legal team, internal and external clients, and business units.
- Train other associates on law and procedures using on-the-job training and advice on how a task should be completed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor of civil and/or common law
- At least 4-7 years of experience
- Must be a member of the local law society and be fully licensed to practice in the country
- Knowledge and understanding of the following areas of law are recommended: administrative law, consumer reporting legislation and other privacy legislation, litigation, and general corporate commercial knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and advocacy skills
- Ability to support multiple, complex, and often conflicting and quickly changing priorities
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Technologically adept and proficiency with the tools of the profession
- Strong negotiation skills
- This position can be done remotely with limited travel
- French proficiency is preferred
- Privacy certification is preferred